- 4 medium yellow and red peppers (2 of each)
- 1 egg, beaten well
- 1 cup salsa
- 1-1/2 cups crushed tortilla chips - or buy the strips
- 1 medium onion, grated small
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 small can of chopped chilies (i chop them even more)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 pound lean ground beef - for a vegetarian meal, add black beans instead of meat!
- 2 tablespoons of garlic pepper
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- dash or two of hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat a jelly roll pan (or sided baking sheet) with a tad of EVOO.
- Cut tops off of peppers and remove seeds. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, salsa, chilis, chips, onion, cilantro, chili pepper, garlic peppers, salt, garlic and cumin. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well; spoon into peppers.
- Bake uncovered for about 35-40 minutes in oven.