While my sister Ginger was visiting she made these delicious mouth watering individual cakes that were to die for! So delicious. Yes, we actually had them for dinner one night. Dylan thought that was so cool! This is an easy and simple dessert that you will impress your friends with. Especially when they take their fork and cut into this warm chocolate deliciousness and the center oozes out onto their plate.
Molten Chocolate Cakes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/3 cup granulated sugar, plus more for muffin tins
3 large eggs
1/3 cup all purpose flour
¼ teaspoon salt
8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted
Non Stick Spray
Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Generously spray w/the non-stick spray the 6 cups of a standard muffin tin. Dust with granulated sugar, and tap out excess. Set aside.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter and granulated sugar until fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. With the mixer on low speed beat in the flour and salt until just combined. Beat in the chocolate (do not overmix). Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups.
- Place the muffin tin on a baking sheet; bake just until the tops of the cakes no longer jiggle when the pan is lightly shaken, 12-14 minutes (depending on your oven). Remove from the oven; let stand for 10 minutes.
- To serve, turn out the cakes, and place on the serving plates, top sides up. Dust with powdered sugar.
- Serve with either whipped cream or ice cream.