Wednesday, December 28, 2011

5 SLOW COOKER SOUP RECIPES I WANT TO MAKE

When I’m looking for my next great slow cooker recipe, one of my biggest concerns is that it needs to be really really easy. I also tend to lean toward vegetarian dishes because I am not a huge fan of meats cooked in a slow cooker or "CrockPot" persay... I think the meat over cooks honestly most of the time.

That’s why as I’ve really fallen in love with making soups, stoups (thicker soup), stews and chili's! All of these you can easily experiment with. You can add more or less of a recipe, and honestly don't really need a recipe at all.

Now I’m on the lookout for new recipes to try. These are the soups that struck my fancy and now I’m dying to make:

1. A Year of Slow Cooking’s Pesto Minestrone Soup: This classic Italian soup has always been one of my favorites and I absolutely adore the addition of pesto. I would love to make my own pesto using my new food processor, so I think this would be a fun soup to tackle.

2.Kath Eats Real Food’s Creamy Curry Butternut Soup: I’ve been obsessed with curry, completely!!! Something about this soup with butternut squash (one of my favorites) just really appeals to me.

3. Healthy Slow Cooking’s Vegan Autumn Lentil Soup: I haven’t made a lentil soup yet, despite being a big fan. Since I am always striving to be healthy, this seems like an ideal soup to tackle both categories. Plus, I bet I can find some great winter veggies to change it up a little bit.

4.Steamy Kitchen’s Vietnamese Chicken Pho Ga: My sister Ginger introduced me to PHO and what better then to make my own.This sounded absolutely delicious and I think it’s about time that I try something a bit on the difficult side.

5.Family Circle’s Yellow Split Pea Soup: I started my slow cooking and soup adventures with a Family Circle recipe, so it seems only fitting that I try another. I haven’t had split pea soup since last winter and I think it’s finally time that I try making it for myself. This recipe sounds like a dream.


What are your favorite slow cooker soups? Do you recommend anything in particular? Tell me in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment