Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Goat Cheese-Asparagus Crustless Quiche - GLUTEN-FREE

As part of my New Years Resolutions I vow to trry to eat meatless - or as some say vegetarian at least 2 days a week. It's not been easy, but I know Iwill accomplish this to be a part of my everyday life. I found this amazing recipe from Vegetarian Times Magazine, which is a magazine my sister Chef Ginger subscribed me to and recommended. I hope you enjoy! This is also a gluten free recipe which is a bonus!

Goat Cheese-Asparagus Crustless Quiche


ingredient list

Serves 4
  • 1 lb. asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch lengths, tips reserved for garnish, optional
  • 1 tsp. olive oil
  • 2 large shallots
  • 2 cloves garlic, peeled
  • 5 oz. fresh goat cheese
  • 2 large eggs
  • 5 large egg whites

Directions

1. Coat 4 ramekins or a 9-inch-square baking pan with cooking spray. Toss asparagus in oil in bowl, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Place ramekins in oven, and preheat oven to 425°F.

2. Meanwhile, place shallots and garlic in bowl of food processor, and process until finely minced. Add goat cheese, and process until creamy; then add eggs and egg whites, and purée until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.

3. Pour egg mixture over asparagus in ramekins once oven is preheated, stirring to evenly distribute vegetables. Bake 15 minutes, or until tops are light brown and tester inserted in centers comes out clean. Garnish with asparagus tips, if using.

No comments:

Post a Comment