Monday, March 19, 2012

Devilish Eggs

A typical BBQ side for me has always been deviled eggs. I absolutely love them and enjoyed may kind in my life thus far. these were always a big hit with my family growing up and now it's wonderful seeing all the mini's enjoy them too. Here's my newest addition to my deviled egg recipes with a kick! Not for the wimpy tongue!

Ingredients:
9 eggs, perfectly hard boiled (see my recipe) and peeled, then halved.
1/4 cup peppered mayo
2 tbsp of horseradish mustard
1/2 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp of garlic powder
1/4 tsp of ground red pepper
1/4 tsp shiracha hot chili sauce
1/4 tsp ground curry

Garnish:
Green Spanish olives
Smoked paprika

Cut eggs in halved and carefully remove the yolk, add them to a small mixing bowl. All remaining ingredients (besides olives and paprika) and "fork it". Leaves it smooth, creamy and a tad chunky.

Now, I use a baby spoon... But and small measuring spoon will do to fill eggs. You could also use a fancy pastry utensil, or zip lock bag, cutting the edge. Your call.

So fill those eggs up!

Next, cut a Spanish olive in half and place on top, sprinkle with smoked paprika.

No comments:

Post a Comment