Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Pan Seared Fish Tacos with Chunky Guacamole


My love for Mexican constantly takes over my want to eat healthy. I crave it! So to spice things up, and eat a healthier version of Mexican I was determined to make a fantastic Fish Taco delicious to my taste buds and easy on my waist. AND BAM! Success. I don't think we spoke the whole time at dinner while enjoying this meal.These yummy fish tacos are rubbed with delicious spices and pan seared to perfection. It's super easy, fast to make and I promise everyone in your family will enjoy them.

So here it, recipe and all the fixins'






Ingredients:

Tilapia Fillets (I buy them already cut for Tacos)
Corn or Flour Tortillas (Or buy Whole Wheat for a healthier version)
2 Avocados - diced
1 Tomato, diced
a few sprigs of FRESH Cilantro
2 limes- cut in wedges
White shredded Queso Cheese

Fish Rub:

1 tbsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tbsp of Cayenne Pepper
2 tbsp of Sirancha Hot Chili Sauce (or more, for you Spicy Lovers)
Salt & Pepper (Dash or two)
1/2 tbsp Garlic pepper
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1 Tbsp of Cumin
1 tsp on lime juice
EVOO

Mix all spices in a bowl. Add 1 to 2 tbsp of EVOO just make it in a think paste form. Rub all over fish, coat well.

Leave fish in bowl and let marinate for ONLY 15 MINUTES at room temperature.

In a Medium Heat pan, heat 2 turns of EVOO. Place fish in pan and sear on both sides (about 3-4 minutes each) until cooked thoroughly. Fish should have a slight crunchy top and be golden in color.Remove from heat.



Prepare your Chunky Guacamole Dress:

In a bowl, combine Tomatoes, Avocados, Tomatoes, chopped cilantro, some salt and pepper, and garlic and mix gently. Make it to your tasting. If you're in a time crunch... you can buy pre-packed seasoning for Guacamole and use this.





Now it's time to make your Tacos.
Warm your tortillas - I do mine right on my flat top range over med-high heat for just a few seconds on each side. Add Fish. Squeeze a lime wedge over fish. Now add that delicious Guacamole dress and a dash of cheese. There it is folks. A delicious healthier Mexican meal right at your finger tips.





No comments:

Post a Comment