A whole chicken is seasoned and slowly cooked on the grill. This is a bit unorthodox, but the end result is moist, flavorful, and amazing. All you'll need is some chicken, butter, beer, and seasonings. And who doesn'l like chicken and beer? Seriously! Most of the seasonings you should have on hand already!
- 1 cup butter (SALTED BUTTER! Not the fake stuff....)
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons of garlic pepper (YUM)
- 2 tablespoons paprika - I use SMOKED paprika
- 2 tablespoons of Kosher Salt
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can beer - Make sure to buy Coors Light... get a 12 pack... drink some.
- 1 (4 pound) whole chicken (or 2, or 3, whatever!)
- Prep your weber grill for LOW heat.
- In a small skillet, melt 1/2 cup butter. Mix in 1 tablespoon garlic salt, garlic pepper, 1 tablespoon paprika, and salt.
- Discard 1/2 the beer (DRINK IT), leaving the remainder in the can. Add remaining butter, garlic salt, paprika, and salt to beer can. Place can on a disposable baking sheet. Set chicken on can, inserting can into the cavity of the chicken. Baste chicken with the melted, seasoned butter.
- Place baking sheet with beer and chicken on the prepared grill. Cook over low heat for about 3 hours, or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 180 degrees F