The love for pasta in my family is a given. If I made pasta for dinner 5 times a week you would never hear my 8 year old complain, but no one really needs that amount of carbs. Here’s a yummy recipe you could prep the night before and just pop it in the oven when you’re ready to eat. Super-fast, simple and delicious. This is also good made with no meat for you vegetarian’s out there.
· 1 lb. lean ground beef shopping list
· Penne pasta (or whatever pasta you like)
· 1/2 cup chopped onion (I use sweet & grate it instead of chopping)
· Freshly minced garlic (to taste)
· 2 -14.5 oz. cans tomato sauce
· 1 tbsp. dried Italian seasoning
· 1 tsp. dried oregano,
· 1 tsp. dried thyme,
· 1 tsp. dried basil,
· salt and pepper to taste,
· Shredded mozzarella cheese
· Shredded parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350*
2. Brown ground beef; add chopped or grated onion and garlic, drain once meat is cooked.
3. Add tomato sauce and seasonings, Simmer meat sauce till bubbly
4. Meanwhile boil water and cook pasta al dente
5. When pasta is done, add to meat sauce
6. Put half in casserole dish or Dutch Oven (I prefer this method)
7. Top with some mozzarella and parmesan
8. Put rest of meat and pasta sauce on top
9. Top with some mozzarella and parmesan
10. Bake 40 minutes uncovered till bubbly and lightly browned.