Sunday, May 27, 2012

Bacon Potato Salad

Let me start by saying... A BBQ isn't a BBQ without potato salad. It's defiantly a dish needed! There are so many versions of potato salad and I hate most of them. I hate mustard potato salad, if you add miracle whip I'll throw it away when you turn your back, and I most defiantly don't like German potato salad. I also hate it when it has so many onions that's all you taste.

So on that Note, besides my Mom's delicious potato salad that I have not got my hands on the recipe yet, here's a quick easy recipe with just what you need to make your taste buds smile!

Ingredients:
Small bag of red potatoes, cubed and boiled until soft
4-5 hard boiled eggs, sliced, diced, whatever
Bacon, chopped into bites, or crumbled
Salt & black pepper
1 tsp of celery seed
1 tbsp of minced fresh garlic
1 sprig of fresh dill, chopped
1/2 tbsp paprika
REAL Mayo (try Duke's)
2 tbsp of white vinegar

Cook potatoes until done, drain and cool.
In a medium mixing bowl, add potatoes, chopped eggs, bacon and mix well. Start adding Mayo, little at a time until you reach your preferred limit. And the remainder of the ingredients and mix well. Salt and pepper to taste.

That's it! Easy and delicious! If you wish, scallions chopped would be great in this dish!

No comments:

Post a Comment