Thursday, January 26, 2012

Stop buying Chicken Nuggets! MAKE THEM!

After the well known McDonald's Chicken Nuggests photo was passed around on social networks it really turned me off to the occasional dinner I treat my older child to. I just can't do it any longer. Everytime I think of them I see that awful blob of pink grossness displayed for the world to see.

So what's your thoughts when you see the processed EVERYTHING that goes into those nuggets your family enjoys??



"Say hello to mechanically separated chicken. It’s what all fast-food chicken is made – things like chicken nuggets and patties. Also, the processed frozen chicken in the stores is made from it.


Basically, the entire chicken is smashed and pressed through a sieve — bones, eyes, guts, and all. it comes out looking like this.


There’s more: because it’s crawling with bacteria, it will be washed with ammonia, soaked in it, actually. Then, because it tastes gross, it will be re flavored artificially. Then, because it is weirdly pink, it will be dyed with artificial color.


Think about that next time you pull through the drive thru or feed your kids fast food" 

No comments:

Post a Comment